Google+ Followers

Google+ Followers

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fire that destroyed million dollar Lutz mansion caused by barbeque grill

Last Update: 12/11 1:23 pm
LUTZ -- A two-alarm fire destroyed a mansion in Lutz Monday night. The blaze began while the owner was cooking on a barbeque grill. He said he became distracted by a phone call and left the built-in grill unattended in a covered patio.

The 7,500 square foot home on Lake Charles Circle is a total loss.

Investigators say there were no hydrants near the house, so they were forced to use water tenders to fight the flames. By the time the tenders arrived, the house was fully engulfed.

Firefighters are let the flames burn out since there was nothing salvageable inside the home.

No one was hurt.